top of page
Brief History : Shollurmattam was part of St. Mary’s Parish, Kotagiri. It became an independent parish on 3rd June, 1963. Fr. Angelo Devadoss, O.F.M., was its first parish priest. The present church was built by Rev. Fr. Nouet and blessed by Bishop Padiyara on 13th June, 1966. For some time, this parish was under the care of the Salesians of Don Bosco. The bell-tower and the parish hall were put up by Fr. N. A. Joseph, S.D.B. He also built a Church at Kilmelfort slots online spielen Estate, a sub-station of
Sholurmattam. It was blessed on 24th May, 1970. Since the parish church was in a very bad state it was renovated by Fr. T.J. Joseph and the blessing of the renovated church took place on 15th January, 2001 by His Excellency Most Rev. Dr. Antony Anandarayar.
Brief History : This parish was a sub-station of Sholurmattam Parish situated in top online casino Kilmelfort Estate. In 1987, it was made a separate parish.
Brief History : Kottacombai was a part of St. Mary’s Parish, Kotagiri. It was made a separate parish in 1990. A chapel was constructed during the time when Fr. Angelo Devadoss OFM, parish priest of St. Mary’s Church, Kotagiri. It was on 16.09.1990 the new parish of Kottakombai was established. The present church was constructed by Fr. S. Antonysamy and was blessed and consecrated on 30.10.1994.
Brief History : The old church at Kotagiri was built in 1867, on a piece of land belonging to Mr. Redmond, in honour of the Nativity of our Lady. It soon became a popular place of pilgrimage where people of all creeds, especially the Badagas pray to the Holy Mother of God under the title of Arokia Matha. In 1937 the church was extended by Fr. Morin. In 1940 a grotto of our Lady of Lourdes was constructed by Fr. Gentinne. Later since it has become a pilgrim center for all the religion and as the number of Catholics was increased Fr. Arockiasamy felt the need of building a new
this dream came into existence in 3rd September 2004. On this day the present beautiful church was consecrated by Most Rev. Dr. Antony Anandarayar, Arch Bishop of Pondicherry and Cuddalore.
Brief History : This parish was started by Fr. M. Fayolle when he was parish priest at Selas, of which it was then a sub-station. On 18th January 1976, the new Church was blessed by Bishop Aruldas James.
Brief History : Selas was a sub-station of St. Antony’s Parish, Coonoor till 1948. It was in 1948 that Selas became a separate parish with Fr. Reynaud de Prigny as its first parish priest. Until 1955 the sacristy of the church was used by the parish priest as his residence. It was in 1955 that a rectory was constructed by Fr. A. Stanislaus. He also started a primary school in 1956 which was raised to a middle school in 1959 and acquired recognition as a High School in 1964. In 1963 the Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny opened a dispensary and took up educational ministry in Selas.s.
bottom of page