SATHYAMANGALAM VICARIATE

ST JOHN DE BRITTO’S CHURCH, SATHYAMANGALAM

ST_JOHN_DE_BRITTO’S_CHURCH,_SATHYAMANGAL

Brief History: The old chapel of St John de Britto was built at Sathyamangalam

by Fr Mc Carron in 1868 and was extended by Rev. Fr F.M Savarimuthu in 1938.

It was erected as separate parish in 1957 with Rev. Fr Fernandes as its first parish priest. The present new church was built by Rev. Fr Sebastian Pallatil in 1975.
Address : St John de Britto’s Church,
Sathyamangalam-638 401, Erode Dt
Telephone : 04295-220310
Established : 1957
Catholics : 1120

Sub-Stations : Nil

 

Religious : Franciscan Missionaries of Mary

 

Vocations : Male:7; Female: 8

Institutions :

1. Family Commission Branch, Sathyamangalam
2. St John de Britto’s Girls’ High School, Sathyamangalam
3. St John de Britto’s Elementary School, Sathyamangalam
4. St Joseph’s English Medium School, Sathyamangalam
5. St Mary’s Aided Elementary School, Kempathurayanputhur

ST FRANCIS XAVIER’S CHURCH, PERIA KODIVERY

ST_FRANCIS_XAVIER’S_CHURCH,_PERIA_KODIVE

Brief History: Peria Kodivery also known as Kodiveli existed as early as 1650. This is the oldest parish in the diocese, founded by l’abbe Dubois in 1799. In 1803 he constructed a church. This ancient church was rebuilt in 1967 by Rev. Fr R.J. Amalraj. The church and the sanctuary were renovated in 2000.
Address : St Francis Xavier’s Church, Peria Kodivery
D.G.Pudur-643 503, Erode Dt
Telephone : 04285-252034
Established : 1799
Catholics : 1500

Sub-Stations :

1. Infant Jesus Shrine, D.G Pudur

2. Sagayamatha Church, Elur

 

Religious :

1. Franciscan Sisters of the Presentation of Mary

2. Montfort Brothers of St Gabriel
3. Sisters of Destitute


Vocations : Male:5 ; Female:12


Institutions :

1. Arul Udhayam, Ottarpalayam
2. Child Jesus Health Centre, D.G. Pudur
3. Montfort CBSE School, D.G. Pudur
4. St Francis Xavier’s Higher Secondary School, Peria Kodivery
5. St Francis Xavier’s Home for Children, Peria Kodivery
6. St Francis Xavier’s Nursery and Primary School, Peria Kodivery
7. St Francis Xavier’s Primary School, Peria Kodivery

ST GEORGE’S CHURCH, KOTHAMANGALAM

ST_GEORGE’S_CHURCH,_KOTHAMANGALAM.jpg

Brief History: Kothamangalam was a sub-station of St John de Britto’s parish
Sathyamangalam, until it became a parish in 1962 with Rev. Fr C.A. Antony
as its first parish priest. The original church was built by Rev. Fr M. Fayolle in
1961. In 1992, Rev. Fr Thomas Maniangat built a new parish church.
Address : St George’s Church, Kothamangalam,
Via-Bhavanisagar-638 451, Erode Dt
Telephone : 04295-240327
Established : 1962
Catholics : 720

Sub-Stations : Infant Jesus Church, Thengumarada

Religious : Sisters of the Holy Cross-Menzingen

Vocations : Male:5; Female:1

Institutions :

1. Holy Cross Hospital, Kothamangalam

2. Holy Cross School of Nursing, Kothamangalam

3. Holy Cross Stablizer Assembling Centre, Kothamangalam

OUR LADY OF LOURDES’ CHURCH, GUNDRI

OUR_LADY_OF_LOURDES’_CHURCH,_GUNDRI.jpg

Brief History : In 1910, when Rev. Fr Petit was the parish priest at Peria
Kodivery a movement of conversions took place at Gundri among the tribals called Uralis. Rev. Fr Petit with the help of mission funds built a church, a presbytery and a school in Gundri which are still a visible tribute to his zealous and untiring efforts of evangelization. It became a seperate parish in 1968 with Rev. Fr Job CMI as its first parish priest.
Address : Our Lady of Lourdes’ Church, Gundri, Kadambur P.O.
Via-D.G.Pudur-638 503. Erode Dt
Telephone : 04295-296902
Established : 1968
Catholics : 3000

Sub-Stations : Nil
 
Religious : Franciscan Missionaries of Mary
Vocations : Male:1 ; Female:Nil
Institutions :
1. Arokia Matha Children’s Home, Gundri
2. Arockia Matha Dispensary, Gundri
3. Fr Petit Boys’ Home, Gundri
4. R.C. High School, Gundri

HOLY FAMILY CHURCH, BASAVANAPURAM

HOLY FAMILY CHURCH, BASAVANAPURAM.jpg

Brief History: Holy Family church was made a separate parish in 1984. The
first parish priest was Rev. Fr P.J. Joseph. The present church renovated in 2009 by Rev. Fr R.J.L. Antonyraj.

Address : Holy Family Church, Basavanapuram P.O.,
Via-D.G. Pudur-638 503, Erode Dt
Telephone : 04295-200623
Established : 1984
Catholics : 120
Sub-Stations : Don Bosco Chapel, Kadambur
Religious : 1. Assisi Sisters of Mary Immaculate

2. Brothers of St Micheal, the Archangel

3. Salesians of Don Bosco

Vocations : Male:2 ; Female:Nil

Institutions :

1. Assisi Annai Velankanni Hospital, Basavanapuram

2. Don Bosco Centre, Kadambur

3. Mobile Clinic with Health Education, Basavanapuram

4. Udhaya Tharagai Formation House, Basavanapuram

ST JOSEPH’S CHURCH, KONGERPALAYAM

ST_JOSEPH’S_CHURCH,_KONGERPALAYAM.jpg

Brief History: The original church was built in 1912 by Rev. Fr Petit. In 1968, it was made into a separate parish with Fr M.T.Joseph as its parish priest.
A newly constructed church was blessed and inaugurated in 1997 by 

Rev. Fr Maria Louis.
Address : St Joseph’s Church, Kongerpalayam,
Via-T.N. Palayam-638 506, Erode Dt
Telephone : 04285-260476
Established : 1968
Catholics : 1000
Sub-Stations : 1. Our Lady of Rosary Church, Kondayampalayam

2. Resurrection Church, Bungalowpudur

3. St Antony’s Church, Thorayampalayam

 

Religious : Sisters of Destitute

Vocations : Male:6; Female:3

Institutions :

1. St Joseph’s Dispensary, Kongerpalayam

2. USSS Branch Office, Kongerpalayam

ST ANTONY’S CHURCH, URACHIKOTTAI

ST_ANTONY’S_CHURCH,_URACHIKOTTAI.jpg

Brief History: Urachikottai was a sub-station of St Mary’s Parish, Bhavani. It was erected as a separate parish in 1987 with Rev. Fr S. Antonysamy as its parish priest. A new Church was built in 2008 by Rev. Fr Pascal Jaganraj.
Address : St Antony’s Church, Urachikottai,
Bhavani-638 302, Erode Dt
Telephone : 04256-232251
Established : 1987
Catholics : 500
Sub-stations : 1. Sacred Heart Church, Mylempadi
2. St Theresa’s Church, Olagadam

Religious : Franciscan Sisters of St Joseph

 

Vocations : Male:1; Female:5

Institutions : St Theresa’s Matriculation School, Olagadam

ST ANTONY THE HERMIT’S CHURCH, MAKKAMPALAYAM

ST_ANTONY_THE_HERMIT’S_CHURCH,_MAKKAMPAL

Brief History: A new church was built in 1999 and was dedicated to St Antony

the Hermit by Rev. Fr K. Antonyraj to cater to the needs of the new converts. In 2003, it was canonically erected as a parish, being bifurcated it from Our Lady of Lourdes’ parish, Gundri with Rev. Fr S. Antonysamy as its first parish priest.
Address : St Antony the Hermit’s Church
Makkampalayam, Kadampur P.O.-638 503, Erode Dt
Telephone : 04295-296947
Established : 2003
Catholics : 120

Religious : Franciscan Sisters of Our Lady of Bon Secours

 

Vocations : Male:1; Female:Nil

 

Institutions : 1. St Joseph’s Middle School, Chinnappallam

2. Sagaya Annai Home for Children, Chinnappallam

ANNAI VELANKANNI SHRINE, PUDHU VADAVALLI

ANNAI VELANKANNI SHRINE, PUDHU VADAVALLI

Brief History: Until 2003, it was the sub-station of St John de Britto’s parish, Sathyamangalam and it was established as a separate parish in 2003. Rev.Fr Antony Diraviam took over as its first parish priest. The present church was built in 2010 by Rev. Fr John Joseph Stanis.
Address : Annai Velankanni Church, Pudhu Vadavalli P.O.
Sathyamangalam Taluk-638401. Erode Dt
Telephone : 04295-292877
Established : 2003
Catholics : 84
Sub-stations : Nil

Religious : 1. Brothers of St Michael, the Archangel
2. St Francis Sisters of Vierzennheiligen

 

Vocations : Male:1; Female:Nil

 

Institutions :

1. Arul Mariya Nursery and Primary School, Pudhu Vadavalli

2. Infant Jesus Home for Children, Pudhu Vadavalli

ST JUDE’S CHURCH, THAVITTUPALAYAM

ST_JUDE’S_CHURCH,_THAVITTUPALAYAM.jpg

Brief History: In 1977, the present church was constructed by Rev. Fr George Inchiparambil. The church was renovated in 1980 in remembrance of the silver jubilee of the Diocese of Ootacamund. In 1993, this became a substation to St Michael’s Church, Michaelpalayam. In 2007 St Jude’s Church was declared as a new parish with Rev. Fr Maria Benzingar as its first parish priest. In 2013, the renovation of sanctuary and the altar took place.
Address : St Jude’s Church, Thavittupalayam
Anthiyur Taluk-638 501. Erode Dt
Telephone : 04256-262303
Established : 2007

Catholics : 490

 

Sub-stations :

1. Risen Christ Church, Appakudal

2. Our Lady of Health Church, Mathur

Religious : Salesian Missionaries of Mary Immaculate

Vocations : Male:1; Female:2

Institutions :

1. Mary Immaculate Dispensary, Thavittupalayam

2. Mary Immaculate Day Creche, Thavittupalayam

3. Mary Immaculate Home for the Aged, Thavittupalayam

ST ANTONY’S CHURCH, CHIKKARASAMPALAYAM
(QUASI PARISH)

ST_ANTONY’S_CHURCH,_CHIKKARASAMPALAYAM.j

Brief History: The church in Chikkarasampalayam was constructed in the year 1975. At present it has been elevated as a quasi parish in the year 2013. Rev. Fr M.C. Michael was the first quasi parish priest 

Address : St Antony’s Church, Chikkarasampalayam
Sathyamangalam-638401, Erode Dt
Telephone : 04295-220773
Established : 2013
Catholics : 160
Sub-stations : Nil
Religious : Sisters of St Joseph Benedict Cottelengo
Vocations : Male:Nil, Female:Nil

Institutions :

1. R.C Primary School, Chikkarasampalayam

2. St Antony’s Nursery and Primary School, Chikkarasampalayam